Chapter 1: Communication in the workplace
1. In every organization, workers receive and send information daily. The flow of this information should be ____________. A)upward and downward
x B)downward only
2. When we consider the communication activities of an organization from an overall point of view, the activities fall into three broad categories. A)electronic, face-to-face, and internal
B)external operational, external, and personal
x C)internal operational, external operational, and personal D)operational, face-to-face, and personal
3. Communicating with groups and people outside the organization involves communicating with _____________. A)suppliers
x D)all of the above
4. In the workplace, internal personal communication ___________. A)is unacceptable
x B)can have a significant impact on the success of the operation C)should be encouraged with no restrictions
D)all of the above
5. An email message sent from the production supervisor to a customer is classified: x A)external-operational communication
D)none of the above
6. The informal network of an organization consists of:
A)a single relationship of networks.
x B)a complex relationship of small networks.
C)a simple, straight-line relationship.
D)a relationship restricted to gossipers.
7. Which of the following is not one of the basic truths about the communication process? x A)The symbols of communication are perfect.
B)Meanings sent are not always received.
C)Meanings are in the receiver's mind....
Please join StudyMode to read the full document